Symptoms of excess phosphorus in wastewater
Reservoirs wastewater After treatment, algae and toxins caused by cyanobacteria will appear
=> The amount of phosphorus in treated wastewater must be below 1mg/L.
phosphorus There are two main types of wastewater:
– The solid form linked in MLSS can be removed by chemical flocculation.
– The soluble form is more difficult to remove and requires biological measures.
Common ways to treat phosphorus in wastewater
- Facultative anaerobic bacteria:
- Anaerobic: Converts phosphate to phosphorus
- Aerobic: Phosphorus oxidation => Anaerobic zone must have volatile fatty acids, pH > 7, temperature < 30 degrees Celsius.
- Use alum, chemical iron salts: Works well at neutral pH but sludge and metal salts in the water increase .
- Biological filtration: Use plants that can absorb phosphorus.