Cooling system scale is a matter of concern because of the efficiency and safety of the system
Dangerous effects of scale on the cooling tower system – Cooling Tower
- Scale reduces heat exchange efficiency and creates different batteries.
- It is these batteries that speed up corrosion and lead to device errors.
- The initially thin layer of scale will adhere tightly to the surface of the system, forming a thin film. Over time, many impurities will continue to accumulate in gel form, depending on the type of residue and interaction ability. of each device and each location.
- Metal surfaces are ideal places for crystal nucleation of impurities.
- Corrosion of batteries on metal surfaces creates areas with high pH and these are favorable conditions for the formation of precipitated salts in the cooling system.
Scale buildup on the radiator fins of the cooling system
Causes of scale deposits in cooling tower systems
Common reactions that create scale in the system are:
Ca2+ + CO32- -> Ca CO3 ↓ (1)
Mg2+ + CO32- -> MgCO3 ↓ (2)
2Fe3+ + 3SO42- -> Fe2(SO4)3 ↓ (3)
Ca2+ + SO42- -> CaSO4 ↓ (4)
Ca2+ + SiO32- -> CaSiO3 ↓ (5)
Common causes of scale:
- Hard residue;
- Organic residue;
- Microbiological residue
Scale and microorganisms stick to water cooling pipes
Common types of scale in cooling tower systems
Types of deposits commonly found in cooling systems include:
Hard residue: CaCO3, CaSO4, MgCO3, MgSO4, CaSiO3: these residues are often difficult to dissolve in water
Soft residue: old dead cells of microorganisms, membranes of microorganisms, algae, fungi.
Crystalsal salt: often appears in dry air and high temperature conditions, in places with salty water sources, this ingredient can be found in The pipe is quite high
Types of colloids in water: due to different physicochemical reactions, charged particles are formed, in this state they have the ability to attract other molecules to create form a long chain and form scale in the system.
Scale buildup on cooling pipes
Anti-corrosion and scale chemicals for cooling tower systems BSG 9000
Anti-corrosion and scale chemicals for cooling systems are provided by Nam Viet
- BSG 9000 is a mixture of organic phosphate and copolymer.
- BSG 9000 limits scale formation by breaking crystals, creating complexes and dispersing.
- BSG 9000 is an organic-based corrosion and scale inhibitor.
- BSG 9000 is used to maintain organic phosphate at an acceptable concentration
- The optimal level of treatment will depend on the conditions and operating parameters of the cooling system.
- In this regard, our techniques will provide the optimal level of processing suitable for each system.
- BSG 9000 dissolves well in water, does not corrode equipment, metering pumps, and steel containers.
- BSG 9000 can be introduced into the system directly by manual method or by dosing pump.
Find out the cause of corrosion in the cooling tower cooling system here
Nam Viet specializes in providing chemical water treatment solutions to prevent scale, corrosion, and kill microorganisms for Cooling Tower and Chiller cooling systems. If you need advice or support, please contact hotline 0932562177